Friday, October 4, 2013

INKtober, Day 3!

Feed Your Head
9" x 12" acrylic ink on smooth bristol
Technically, this piece is unfinished. I want to go back and add textures and shading. For now, however, I am focusing on getting as far as I can. I haven't made a larger ink piece in nearly a year; it feels good to get more ambitious.

Human Paranoid is one of Paranoid's more dangerous hallucinations. He appears later in Brainsick, and, while more fugitive than Paranoid's other visions, creates more than his share of psychological havoc.

This piece was a fantastic excuse to draw some of my favorite things: paws, claw-hands, and snarly faces.

2011 sketch.
Title from "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane.
Also featured in this post.
Digital draft from December 2, 2012.
Rough sketch made using printed copy of
digital draft and a small light box.

Fixed up the positioning of Paranoid's head.
I realized that mopey Human Paranoid makes no sense
and changed his expression.
Human Paranoid's arm looks off -
CHANGE THE ARM.
Much better!
Inking with a #2 round brush and acrylic ink.
Paranoid's muzzle inked with a dip pen.







No comments:

Post a Comment