Wednesday, October 30, 2013

INKtober, Day 28!

Potency Compromised
9 x 12 pen and ink / brush and ink on smooth bristol
Digital draft from December 15, 2012.






There's an errant line I want to get rid of...
Cut and lifted out with an X-Acto knife.

I made the same mistake on Char's wing as I had on Celeste's wing here: I drew it backwards!
Thankfully, I noticed before I began filling in large areas with ink.

In-progress cut-and-peel. Very easy to do on 2-ply bristol.
Fine lines added with Hunt 107 quill.

This took me longer to complete than it should have; for a while, I didn't like how it was turning out. Now that it's done, I'm happy with it. Syringes are the most basic symbolic element I add to Brainsick-related work. Clocks and / or watches also figure prominently in older pieces.

I took some liberties with Celeste's plumage for the sake of contrast. Female barn owls have heavy banding on their wings and bodies, and are overall darker than males.

No comments:

Post a Comment