Sunday, October 16, 2016

INKtober 2016, Day 10!

Inktober 2016, Day 10: Zhaji, Wraith of the Mortal Realm
9x12 acrylic ink on cold-pressed watercolor paper

2013 sketchbook page; rough sketch that was going to be for early Inktober 2013!
Tidied up sketch with violet Col-Erase.

I begin applying Liquitex ink! Phthalocyanine Blue (Green Shade).
One of my favorite inks! 





Blocking complete!
Gemstone weights - clockwise from top-left - are citrine (purchased from OMSI), labradorite (purchased at 2015 Garibaldi Days), agate (from Oceanside), and calcite (OMSI).

I love the textures here.
Black acrylic applied with dip pen.



DONE!

Despite her being a fairly old character nowadays, I rarely draw Zhaji (SAH'chee). She is the youngest of the Faelbe - The Five - godlings from my fantasy story, Legacy (working title). Her siblings include Raccheruchhe, Uyne, and Ersphe. I have not yet shared Tetzylrach, the fourth sibling, on my blog. He'll become another Inktober subject soon!

Her full name, Zhaji-na-du'Layrrke, means "Wraith of the Mortal Realm." She is a mentor and guide for wandering souls. Her design was inspired by human, rabbit, horse, and moth features.

This is one of my favorite Inktober pieces so far! I need to create more work in this vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment