Sunday, October 16, 2016

INKtober 2016, Day 11!

INKtober 2016, Day 11: Ace of Spades Hummingbird Hound
6x8 Derwent Inktense on Strathmore 400 Series Mixed Media paper





October 11th was National Coming Out Day. I read many wonderful stories about my friends' experiences with finding who they are, and it inspired me to make an homage to my own self-discovery! Actually, "self-discovery" is a misnomer, in my case. My good friend, Tiana, suggested I might be asexual based on answers I gave on a dA quiz in 2005. That suggestion changed my life.

I've identified as asexual for 11 years - since I was 17. I wanted to draw something cute to represent the Ace of Spades - an aromantic asexual - and decided upon a pudgy hummingbird hound.

To everyone who chose to come out on October 11th - lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer, intersex, asexual, nonbinary, pansexual, and otherwise - and to everyone who chose not to come out: you are valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment