Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oaxacan Horse sketches and lineart!

^ Thumbnail and color concepts done with ballpoint pen and Blick Studio colored pencils. They're comparable to Prismacolor and are quite a bit cheaper.


^ Face concept, again with ballpoint and Blick Studio pencils.


^ Ballpoint sketch with patterns I may incorporate on the final piece.


^ Eye study with Prismacolor colored pencils.


^ Ear study with Prismacolors. Lines impressed with a stylus.


^ Rough ballpoint sketch drawn on the back of the final board, facing backwards.


^ Final lineart, sketched and cleaned up. I wanted a more stylized look for the Horse like I used for the Big Cat; the Hummingbird and Bearded Dragon got too realistic.


The Oaxacan Horse is based off of the Clydesdale, one of my favorite horse breeds. I adore draft horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment