Saturday, October 29, 2011

Oaxacan Horse, Stage 1!

^ Rather than trace my lineart with ballpoint, I opted to keep the pencil lines intact and color over them with Verithins.


^ Feathering begun...


^ ...and finished on right foreleg.


^ Pulling back to show the completed hooves.


^ Belly outlined, with light markings penciled in.


^ I outline the forelock and mane with Process Red; the eye with Ultramarine.


^ The tail is also outlined with Process Red.


^ Finished color outlines!


^ Obligatory skewed-angle shot.


^ Facial marking and eye completed, I move onto the forelock; I prime it with Aquamarine.


^ Magenta added.


^ Dahlia Purple and Violet complete the forelock's shadows.


^ Orange added for a 'highlight.'


^ Magenta completes the forelock!


^ My color palette, worked out last night (along with all progress seen on this post). Printed inspiration beneath it. For a bolder selection, I left yellow out and replaced it with Chartreuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment