Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oaxacan Bearded Dragon, Stage 4 COMPLETE!

^ I begin priming the belly.


^ Belly painted, minus later touch-ups.


^ Working left to right, I prime and paint the hind leg.


^ Scales and markings roughed in.


^ Markings continued onto toes.


^ Hind leg fully painted!


^ I prime the forelegs with a slightly darker color.


^ Markings added to toes.


^ Scales roughed in for right foreleg.


^ Scales roughed in for outer left foreleg...


^ ...and inner left foreleg.


^ Pulling back to show scales thus far.


^ Crosshatching on throat marks rough scale placement.


^ Scales defined more clearly.


^ Local hue painted over scales (I will go back and detail them further).


^ I prepare the other side of the jaw with Dark Purple to help denote depth.


^ Left foreleg painted with local hue. Again, I will return to it for detailing.


^ Markings primed onto right foreleg.


^ Toe markings defined more clearly.


^ Scales roughed in for shoulder.


^ Shading primed in for scales.


^ Markings painted in.


^ Right foreleg painted!


^ Shoulder painted. Scales detailed again later on.


^ "Shiny shot" focused on shoulder scales.


^ Scales roughed in on throat.


^ Shading added.


^ Color palette! I wore a few of these pencils to nubs while working on the Dragon.


^ The Oaxacan Bearded Dragon is COMPLETE!

No comments:

Post a Comment