Saturday, June 14, 2014

30 Day Art Challenge, Day 9!

Day 9: Draw your favorite cartoon character.

9" x 12" ballpoint sketches, mostly from screencaps for practice

MOJO JOJO. Hands down. The Powerpuff Girls was my life while it was on Cartoon Network, and it's still one of my favorite cartoons to this day. Although I loved Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, Mojo was probably my number one reason to watch the show. I even imitated his redundant speech patterns because I thought they made me sound smarter. Ha! I drew him a lot in middle school and early high school. Seriously. There are more drawings I could scan, but they would require their own post.

I want to take the lower drawing from the second sketchbook page above, fix it up, and finalize it. These were ridiculously fun to draw and I think they were partially guided by muscle memory...

Anyone remember the very first episode of PPG?





A page from my now-defunct Collage Book of Madness.
The crude fellow at bottom-right is from
Jhonen Vasquez's Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.
Now you know what a rabid fangirl I was for a cartoon chimpanzee.

No comments:

Post a Comment