Sunday, June 1, 2014

30 Day Art Challenge, Day 1!

Day 1: Draw yourself or your persona.


Finished piece! I used Rapidograph sizes 00, 1, and 2. I think my smaller expressions would have looked less jittery if I had inked them with a dip pen; saving that thought for future reference.

I have not personally seen any expression charts arranged in this manner. That's not to say they're not out there, but I wanted to try something different and amusing. I'm a color wheel of weird.

Digital draft using my sketchbook roughs.
Below: sketchbook doodles to get into the zone.




I don't draw myself often. Sure, I use my face as reference while drawing my characters, and occasionally I'll draw cartoons featuring my likeness, but I rarely sit down with a mirror and focus on making varied expressions and committing them to paper. Today was a nice change!

As you can see, I have a hard time making 'normal' faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment