Saturday, July 27, 2013

BRAINSICK: Erratic Frequency restoration & revamp ideas!


 Above left: Original version, drawn May 3, 2008. The scan was not color-corrected.

Above right: Restored piece, color-corrected.

The other night, I sketched some concepts for a revamp of an old Brainsick piece, "Erratic Frequency." Despite its age and stiffness, I'm still fond of it. After some deliberation, I decided to restore it. Originally inked with Pigma Microns, colored with Prismacolor markers (with some pencil embellishments). Restored with Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph technical pens, Prismacolor and Copic markers, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, and Prismacolor pencils. 6.75" wide x 8.5" high on smooth bristol paper.

2011.



The new version will be larger: 9" x 12" at the smallest, but I may shoot for 11" x 14". I want the typographic element to be strong while ensuring Paranoid is the focus. It could serve as a future cover page!

No comments:

Post a Comment