Monday, April 8, 2013

Oaxacan Coyote, Stage 4!




 Not a big update, but it's progress nonetheless.

For the Oaxacan Coyote, I included a bit of Zuni influence: the "heartline." These are common on Zuni fetishes and are usually depicted as an arrow running from the mouth down the side of the body. One interpretation states that it "starts at the mouth, where breath gives life, and points to the soul, where faith, spirit, and inner strength reside." http://www.sedonawolf.com/crnmaid3-2/zuni-animal-fetish-meanings/

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors you're using for this guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tiana! Initially I was going to stick with blues and browns, but I couldn't help adding some yellows and reds, too. Makes it more of an "earth-and-sky" kind of palette, I think. :)

      Delete