Tuesday, October 21, 2014

INKtober 2014, Day 19!

Day 19: Two Tigresses

9x12 acrylic ink on Crescent Rendr paper

I meant it when I said Lily would have more of a spotlight this year than she did last year.

Crescent Rendr paper is fantastic. Markers, ink, Sharpies, nothing shows through on the other side of the page (though I've learned that certain markers will discolor the pages after time). I've used three Rendr sketchbooks in the past couple years and look forward to using more. This was drawn on a pad with removable sheets.


 Sketchbook pages exploring Lily's proportions and stylization. Drawn in September.



Confession: this actually started out as Day 5's drawing. I sketched it in Prismacolor marker.


Inking begun on the 19th and finished on the 20th.


 Hiro 45 nib on left, Hunt 513EF on right.
I used Hiro 45 and 60 1/2 to ink this piece.

What the drawing looks like in person, sketch lines and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment