Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello, 2011!

It's refresh time. I've been neglecting this blog, so I think starting fresh may help me keep it updated. Let's see how this works, eh?



^ Studies for the first assignment in Lee's Costumed Figure Drawing class. All inks are Speedball Super Pigmented Acrylic, some of my favorite to work with. I did these late last night after tidying my room. Organization is conducive to productivity! Paper is ProArt Professional Weight Watercolor.

7" x 10", done with Hunt Globe 513EF bowl-pointed nib, a #1 round brush, and a 1/2" angular shader brush.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! These are looking good. Watch the fluidity of the figure. The upper middle one is looking stiff but it looks like you rectified that in the gesture to the right.

    Are you going to keep the colored shapes behind the figure in the finished piece? cuz that would be rad.

    gojillygojillygojillygo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Camille! The upper middle was the first full-figure doodle I did - trying to get a hang for the shapes as they appear in the photo. I want to push this thing far.

    I'd like to play around with them more, but yes, I plan on keeping the shapes behind the figure.

    hellsyeah

    ReplyDelete