Saturday, January 22, 2011

Costumed Figure Drawing studies: warm and cool!



^ 7" x 10" study with Speedball Super Pigmented Acrylic Scarlet Red. Getting a better feel for the exaggeration here.



^ Study on letter-size sketchbook paper (the fifth page of Brain Drain #4!). I sketched the character, inked the black accents with a #1 round brush, and added the background color with a Muted Turquoise Prismacolor marker. I'm fond of this study and will reproduce it for the final piece, unless...



^ ...one of these looks better. Initially, I drew blocks of color on the study above this one, then colored in more of the background as I've been mixing some neat colors with my Liquitex ink! (the exclamation point is part of the name, heh). The first two are trying to figure out how to work mostly-colored background, and the right shows the color blocks idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment