Wednesday, November 2, 2016

INKtober 2016, Day 26!

INKtober 2016, Day 26: Herculephon
8x10 Staedtler Mars Graphic 3000 duo on Kona Classic artist paper

Some of you may remember Herculephon! He's an old college assignment from my 2011 Cleanup Workshop class. I spiffed him up and now he's bright and shiny again.

There's a major error in his wing structure: primary feathers do not fold behind the secondaries while resting. All the reason I need to make an even better version! Usually I'm good about using reference.


Sketchbook page (left) drawn May 25, 2015; tracing paper cleanup drawn May 31.

Quick Lumocolor trace-over made to combat Kona paper's opaqueness.

I used my light box to keep the proportions of the older sketches. Sometimes I miss cleanup animation - even though I developed a Pavlovian response to working on animation tables: I'd start to fall asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment