Saturday, November 7, 2015

INKvember #1!

INKvember #1: Gravity's Angel (redux)
9x12 technical pen on Stonehenge paper


Yeah, I know: 'INKvember' is sooo creative. But! - it's a continuation of INKtober, so why not?

I'm not after daily drawings this month; my goal is to create a handful of polished drawings. Subject matter will cover Brainsick, Legacy, KriMauTai, and more.

This is the look I need to continue developing. I love having pieces I can work on over the course of a few or several days. Something to unwind with after working retail!

For inspiration, I referred to Sergio Toppi's incomparable Sharaz-De: Tales from the Arabian Nights. I wanted to play with composition and negative space.



Original INKtober concepts.

Desk setup, plus Toppi's Sharaz-De.






Stippling: my former artsy arch-nemesis is now one of my greatest stress-reducers.




Original version followed by digitally-altered variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment