Saturday, March 18, 2017

January 2017 sketchbook / Creatuanary art!







Sculpey kitty-dog I ended up giving to Mom!  


Day 1: Harpy (Grizelle, from Paradigm Chimera)


Day 2: Hippocampus (whale-based!)


Interlude: Oaxacan Honeybee for my friend, Elsa! It was actually a gift for her beekeeper friends; they give her honey throughout the year. She told me they loved it! 





Final details added with colored pencil.


Visited Mom's work after hanging out with Elsa. Mom has a bunch of my early Sculpey figurines at her cubicle. :D


Finch and I contemplate the meaning of being 29.


Day 3: Stirge (mosquito-bat hybrid from Dungeons and Dragons)



Day 4: Chimera



Day 5: Lamia


Day 6: Hydra


Day 7: Tzika





Day 8: Gryphon (Silverclaw, from Legacy [working title])


Day 9: Mutated T-rex



Sir John Hurt passed away on January 25th. Three of his films had immeasurable impact on me as an artist and person: Watership Down, The Plague Dogs, and The Elephant Man. I drew Hazel, Snitter, and Joseph "John" Merrick, respectively, to represent each film.


Musky, my faithful Smilodon model.


Day 10: Manticore (based off of Musky)


Mass catch-up strikes again!

I jumped on the Creatuanary train a little late. I completed only 10 of 31 prompts, but it was still needed practice! The early months of any given year are when I'm at my most fickle. I like having different things to do, even when I try to complete a drawing challenge.

1 comment:

  1. babyliss pro titanium flat iron - TITaniumART
    TITALAN TINO titanium chainmail AT titanium body jewelry TITOLALAN TITALAN. TITALAN TINO AT TITOLALAN TITALAN TITALAN TITALAN TITALAN TITALAN TITALAN TITALAN TITALAN TITALAN TITALAN TITALAN titanium 3d printer TITALAN  Rating: 4.9 titanium white wheels · titanium mountain bikes ‎25 reviews

    ReplyDelete