Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oaxacan Coyote, Stage 2!


Starting the clean linework with a True Blue Verithin.


This is one of the handiest tools I've ever used:
the Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster.
It's great for cleaning my electronics and keeping my artwork dust free!
First few layers of color added to lips on profile view.
With most layers colored in for the lips on the closeup view,
I keep a thin line lighter than the surrounding area for a highlight.
I use an X-Acto knife to pare away a bit more color.
Highlight finished by coloring over with a White Prismacolor.
Short update for now. I've roughed in some patterns for the Coyote and will begin coloring the head and body soon!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Jill. I can't wait to see it finished! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace! So happy you're enjoying its progress. :D

      Delete