Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Kitten Day!

Kitten Day: Taffy
9x12 Prismacolor marker, Sharpie, and Staedtler Lumocolor on Strathmore 400 Series Mixed Media paper

Sketchbook page.

Tracing paper transfer. 
Prismacolor marker outlines.





DONE!

My friend, Heather - Daily Cat Drawings on Tumblr - hosted a Kitten Day reblog-a-thon today as a means of calming anxieties over the results of the election. I know little Taffy doesn't have the power to heal the hurt that so many feel right now, but I hope she managed to bring smiles to the hurting.



Taffy was inspired, in part, by my late cat, Gimpy. While not actually three-legged, Gimpy earned his name for his gimpy foreleg. He passed away July 2015. Although sorely missed, he brightened my life, and my brother and parents' lives, in more ways than I can count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment