Sunday, October 2, 2016

INKtober 2016, Day 1! (plus BONUS)

INKtober 2016, Day 1: Happy Hummingbird Hound
9x12 acrylic ink on Stonehenge paper

Camille and I had a bunch of friends over yesterday for an art jam. We need to host these more often, because they always prove inspiring! I'd begun my first Inktober drawing before anyone arrived, but finished it while visiting. I inked the outlines with my homemade quill pens (see the link below) and added Liquitex Dioxazine Purple ink with my new Princeton Art & Brush Co. Umbria #6 Round brush. (Say that five times fast!)


Rough sketch in Palomino Blackwing.
Crow feather on left; pelican on right.
I use a large dowel as a Mahl stick.
Outlines done!
SO MUCH PURPLE.

Inktober 2016, Day 1 BONUS: HOOT JUICE
5x7 acrylic ink and coffee on Cottonwood Arts paper



A silly bonus drawing featuring a severely caffeinated owl.

We discussed Transformers for a while. I grew up with Beast Wars, thus:


Dinobot sketches! He's one of my favorite characters in the show.



Last sketch of Inktober, Day 1: Beast Wars Megatron!


Stay tuned for today's sketches!

No comments:

Post a Comment