Monday, August 29, 2016

BRAINSICK: Elation

Elation
9x12 technical pen on Strathmore cold-pressed watercolor paper

Finished pencils!
Inking begins with my Pentel G-Tec-C.

My Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph technical pens!
Pentel G-Tec-C on far left.
Using my book of printed references as I ink!
Rapidograph #3 used to outline Lily's foreleg and paw.










Morning motivation: dynamic lighting!






Brainsick is not meant to be a 'happy' story. Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows. But god, did it feel amazing to draw something Brainsick-related that wasn't grim! (That's gonna revert by the time INKtober comes...)

Paranoid and Lily share a close brother-sister bond. Much of their interaction was inspired by my relationship with my brother, Cameron. Love you, Bub! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment