Saturday, June 14, 2014

30 Day Art Challenge, Day 8!

Day 8: Draw something with your favorite color.

Testing colors on Canson Pro Layout marker paper.
 Favorite color is a hard concept for me. I love all colors. I am, however, drawn to greens and blues, and I chose to portray them on one of my oldest fantasy critters, the Moraunx (mor 'ONKS). I've been drawing these guys since second grade, back when I called them Flying Snake Dogs. They fly like Asian dragons - sans wings - and have wildly-patterned skin the texture of a salamander's. This particular Moraunx has a plain coat, but she's still fun!

I've slowly been developing Moraunxi over the years; one of my goals is to make a full reference for them.
The Moraunx by herself. Definitely something to finalize!
5.5" x 8.5" ballpoint pen on sketchbook paper

No comments:

Post a Comment