Wednesday, October 30, 2013

INKtober, Day 28!

Potency Compromised
9 x 12 pen and ink / brush and ink on smooth bristol
Digital draft from December 15, 2012.






There's an errant line I want to get rid of...
Cut and lifted out with an X-Acto knife.

I made the same mistake on Char's wing as I had on Celeste's wing here: I drew it backwards!
Thankfully, I noticed before I began filling in large areas with ink.

In-progress cut-and-peel. Very easy to do on 2-ply bristol.
Fine lines added with Hunt 107 quill.

This took me longer to complete than it should have; for a while, I didn't like how it was turning out. Now that it's done, I'm happy with it. Syringes are the most basic symbolic element I add to Brainsick-related work. Clocks and / or watches also figure prominently in older pieces.

I took some liberties with Celeste's plumage for the sake of contrast. Female barn owls have heavy banding on their wings and bodies, and are overall darker than males.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...