Friday, September 30, 2011

BRAINSICK: Jessie's Pic!


This drawing has been four years in the making. It didn't take four years to create, but it's been an ongoing joke between me and my friend Jessie.

When we met summer 2007 at AIPD, we were so taken with each other's art that we decided to do an art trade with our characters; she requested Paranoid, Lily, and Decay from Brainsick.

If we passed by each other in the halls, Jessie would ask (always in good humor), "Where's my picture, Jill?" This continued throughout the years until her recent graduation, when she announced, "I have your picture, Jill!" But in my rush to meet up with some other friends and get out of the crowded Governor's Hotel, I didn't see her again that night.

We're meeting up tomorrow, and she described what she drew for her half of the trade. I was going to continue working on the Oaxacan Hummingbird tonight, but Jessie has waited a long time for my half of the trade, and I felt a spark of inspiration for it.

Stay tuned for another update with the final inks!

No comments:

Post a Comment